Power of Corruption
Spam bots on PoC - Printable Version

+- Power of Corruption (http://powerofcorruption.com/community)
+-- Forum: Game Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Power of Corruption News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Spam bots on PoC (/showthread.php?tid=23)

Spam bots on PoC - moyack - 02-27-2013 09:50 PM

Hello fellow users:

Due the increment in spam users or bots, I took measures to stop this nonsense. I've added a security question additional to the recaptcha, so bots cannot register anymore.

Unfortunately that process was not free. There's a chance that a normal user could be deleted by mistake. If that's your case, please re-register and I will ensure you this won't happen again.

Hugs and keep playing PoC,

moyack

RE: Spam bots on PoC - Daffa the Mage - 07-04-2013 09:32 AM

(02-27-2013 09:50 PM)moyack Wrote:  Hello fellow users:

Due the increment in spam users or bots, I took measures to stop this nonsense. I've added a security question additional to the recaptcha, so bots cannot register anymore.

Unfortunately that process was not free. There's a chance that a normal user could be deleted by mistake. If that's your case, please re-register and I will ensure you this won't happen again.

Hugs and keep playing PoC,

moyack

a good measure you have made, this can avoid spam bots which are really annoying ^^

RE: Spam bots on PoC - moyack - 07-06-2013 03:29 PM

That's right. Unfortunately this forum is not good preventing spambots. But I've reduced it a lot the issue.

RE: Spam bots on PoC - Daffa the Mage - 07-14-2013 04:48 AM

a good measure is also adding captcha when registering like at BlizzMod

RE: Spam bots on PoC - moyack - 07-14-2013 11:53 PM

In fact, this site has captcha by default, but to be honest, it doesn't avoid the mass registering.