Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bug Some AI issues
12-20-2012, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2012 09:30 AM by moyack.)
Some AI issues
sunwarrior25 Wrote:Played the maps. Here be things:
- Naga AI appears to be borked. It will train two basic melee units, and a Hero, upgrade its hall to Tier 2, build a Shrine, then sit there the rest of the match while its workers collect resources. It appears to be waiting for something that doesn't exist yet.
- The game crashed without an error report (It just closed out. No prompts, nothing). The remaining AI on the map at the time were both Demon, which seemed to function properly.

Other than those two issues, this is a very well-built system. Excellent work!

Tried again and managed to get a replay, Map Path is Maps/FrozenThrone/Scenario.

Replay: http://powerofcorruption.com/community/T...d=34#pid34
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2012, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 12:02 PM by sunwarrior25.)
RE: Some AI issues
My apologies for not posting this here myself. I wasn't sure if I had permission or not.

Did you use AMAI, or the vanilla AI? Doesn't matter either way, it appears the Naga are waiting for a structure they haven't built yet. Did you mess with the Techtree and forget to change the conditions in the AI script?

As for the crash, I have no clue. I'm going to have to see if I can reproduce it.

e: Can't seem to figure it out. The crash seems to occur so far versus a team of Demon AI. Maybe they're so determined to win, that they crash the game to prevent me from losing?
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
(12-21-2012 11:09 AM)sunwarrior25 Wrote:  My apologies for not posting this here myself. I wasn't sure if I had permission or not.
No worries, I just want to keep a database of bugs so I can keep a real and organized changelog Smile

Quote:Did you use AMAI, or the vanilla AI? Doesn't matter either way, it appears the Naga are waiting for a structure they haven't built yet. Did you mess with the Techtree and forget to change the conditions in the AI script?
I use vanilla AI, not made with the AI editor but made in jassAI. Right now I've narrowed the bug in a dependency modification I did.

Quote:As for the crash, I have no clue. I'm going to have to see if I can reproduce it.

e: Can't seem to figure it out. The crash seems to occur so far versus a team of Demon AI. Maybe they're so determined to win, that they crash the game to prevent me from losing?

Being demons implies they cheat to win Tongue... kidding, that won't never happen Big Grin
12-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Ok, so far as I've dared to try, the crash has occurred twice against Demon AI. Each time, one or both AI was fighting the other with their main attack force. The first was between the bases, the second at one of the bases.

Is there anything in the AI script that could overload the game, causing it to crash without an error prompt? (Is it trying to micro too fast?)

I have a feeling it doesn't crash against people, but the internet here won't support that test.
12-24-2012, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2012 12:27 PM by moyack.)
Actually that's possible, AI can cause random crash mainly when it can't get a target. Then it's mandatory to have a Player vs Player game to test it out.

Right now I'm testing a new way to make the AI, and if success, I'll be adding in the next release of PoC.

Power of Corruption: new races to play, new features. Download now
04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
You didn't code it using the AI Editor? no wonder you are getting problems.
04-23-2013, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 09:59 PM by moyack.)
(04-22-2013 10:05 PM)Radamantus Wrote:  You didn't code it using the AI Editor? no wonder you are getting problems.

I code it using pure JASS AI. In fact I've been thinking in a way to make more smart the AI and reduce the amount of code, but right now I'm busy in other projects Big Grin you know what I mean Tongue

Power of Corruption: new races to play, new features. Download now