Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power of Corruption - Main Page reconstruction
04-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Power of Corruption - Main Page reconstruction
These are the tabs in the Main Page that I rewrote. You may comment on anything; say the word, and I'll change it to what ideas you may want! Enjoy!

Introduction

-The war has been declared. Prepare your army to crush the opposing side in epic battles in warstruck lands. In these battles, it does not matter if you are a spell-crazed Naga or a malevolent Demon; you won’t have any chances of peace, only death and ruin will prevail.

What's Power of Corruption?

-Power of Corruption is an altered melee style map for the Warcraft III TFT Expansion which features two fully-customized races: The Naga and the Demons. This project, which started in 2006, was previously known as Naga Wars and in that time the Naga race was the only one playable. As time went on, ideas, criticizing, and suggestions began to shape a whole new race which was then formed from nothing to what it is now: the Demons. This race was developed from scratch in order to put more innovation and replayability in the altered melee map genre, and also to provide challenge to the Naga which are overpowered in comparison with the standard races in Warcraft III.
-As time passed by, the map has undergone improvements in various ways to keep the project clean and fresh. It’s now 100% made in vJASS and features fine, innovative spells, abilities and characteristics for each race which, hopefully, will give the melee style game a fresh air.

Community

-Do you want to share your opinions/suggestions about this map? Talk with other people about strategies, prepare private/public matches, or just join clans? You can do it now, in the community section.

Game Features

A New Resource: Devotion Points

Devotion points are points obtained when the player kills enemies (note: creeping does not give devotion points). This resource can be exchanged for gold or lumber, or saved and accumulated enough to get a semihero unit at your command.

Transport Units

Typically, this feature has only been available through neutral buildings, but in this project, these units can now be trained by the player. They do not just serve their original purpose, they can also vary the gameplay by providing a lot of micro management, for these units can also be used to protect other units by utilizing their high resistance against attacks and bonus abilities beneficial to the player’s army.

A New Unit: Item Forgers

These unique and special units can be trained by the player; they possess the ability to cast portable shops with items designed to provide the player’s heroes or units in an area items helpful in and out of battle. These units can also see hidden/invisible units, making them a key element in the player’s strategy.

A New Unit: Semiheroes

These special units are the gifts that the players obtain for having a good and efficient army. They are called semiheroes for their skills (strength superior to normal attack units + 4 useful skills) and are summoned when the players become ‘greatly devoted’ (reach 1000 devotion points). The Naga have a Naga Royal Guard and the Demons have a Doom Guard.

Special Race Attributes

Each race will have a passive ability for all their organic units unique to them which gives them certain advantages in battle.

===========================================
Notes:
->Please note all my capitalizations, and punctuations; if possible, just copy-paste them.
->You may comment in any way you want on my reconstructions (angrily or happily) so I may know if I have done my work correctly.
-> I also have a suggestion in the logo of PoC in the upper-right side of the main page:
Instead of the words "An altered melee map game for Warcraft III TFT Expansion", I have eight suggestions of what can be written there:
a. The Ultimate Altered Melee Map Experience
b. Can You Handle the Power of Corruption?
c. Prepare Yourself; Epic Battles Await You
d. Now It's Your Turn To Run!
e. The Epic Battle For the Pursuit of Magic
f. Fight For Your Own Glory!
g. Bloodied Battlefields and Death Await You
h. Death and Ruin Lie Ahead
===========================================

Thank you so much for letting me work.
More coming soon!

You're a great map maker!
Always stay motivated! Good luck~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Power of Corruption - Main Page reconstruction
Hmmm, I really love the style Big Grin

I don't understand this part though:

darkceus Wrote:A New Unit: Item Forgers

These unique and special units can be trained by the player; they possess the ability to cast portable shops with items designed to provide the player’s heroes or units in an area items helpful in and out of battle. These units can also see hidden/invisible units, making them a key element in the player’s strategy.

Should items be removed or you want to use other expression?

I love the new writing Big Grin

I'd like to know if you can help me with lore for units in my project. Let me post here a story that I was thinking for the current characters, LOOOOOng time ago (2008)....

moyack, LOOOONG time ago!!! Wrote:First chapter: The Mur'gul's Queen

Plot (forgive me if my writing is a little bit messy, I'm not good telling thing Tongue):

This is the story of Aliz-az-Jatir, a simple naga siren which was exiled as penalty after lost a trial against one of his comradeship in an unfair discussion. After his lost, she decided to wanders the oceans and near isles to find a new home, a new place to belong, a new place to start again. In her journey she found a group of Mur'guls, which have been victims by the TideHunters, a brutish clan of sea monsters, the mur'guls population has been reduced drastically and their faith vanished mostly. those Mur'guls were governed by Ogul-Ohr, one old Murgul with stubborn attitude, and his leadership has caused most of the pain of the mur'guls tribe. Aliz, seeing this, decided to help them but she has to beat Ogul first in order to claim his power. She allied with a rebel mur'gul tribe and tried to defeat Ogul, without success, forcing her to retreat with her few allies.

In this situation, she realized that seeking alliances and gain more power was needed, and the only place to find this was in the Dark Waters, a place where other exiled Naga live, there she seek for help and found a feared Naga called Shilain (Naga enchantress), which offer to Aliz her services if she helped her to find a mysterious item: the Dragon Heart of Athenak.

(to be continued...)
The Elite Wrote:What I've got so far for the plot of the campaign, this is for the Naga: (i hope this is what i'm supposed to do, cause damn, I've never written so much in my life!)

Info

Eastern Kingdoms is the Easter Continent in Azeroth according to This Map
Broken Isles is an island cluster to the east of the Maelstrom

In A Nutshell

Aliz (A Naga) gets exiled.
Gets allies (Mur'gul rebels)
Attacks Mur'gul non rebel guys
Gets defeated
Find more allies (more exiled naga), but has to get something (Dragon Heart of Athenak) to get them as allies
Searches for it
Finds a hermit who tells her where it is (on an island)
She travels to that island with her allies
Has to fight a troll clan to get The Heart
Kills them
Gets warned bad stuff will happen if The Heart falls into the wrong hands
brings the heart to her potential allies (naga) who then join her.
Her and her allies go to attack the non rebel Mur'gul, but find them already being attacked by Tide Hunters.
She and her allies defeat the Tide Hunters and get the non rebel leader (Agul) to lose control of the Mur'gul.
Agul storms out
On his way out he kills Aliz's Naga ally Shilain, who drops the heart.
Agul picks the heart of (He has the wrong hands Tongue)
Demon voice booms and says that the demons are coming back.
You go to the hermit to find out when and where, but he is taken prisoner by some gnolls.
You ally yourself with some Furbolg
You kill the gnolls and free the hermit
He tells you that you need to more then just Mur'guls to defeat the Demons.
You need Naga, Mur'gul, Furbolgs and *THIRD RACE*
Tells you some more stuff.
Thats all i'm up to so far

First chapter: The Mur'gul Queen

[Cinematic]
This is the story of Aliz-az-Jatir, a simple naga siren who was exiled as a penalty after losing a trial against one of her comrades in an unfair discussion. After her loss, she decided to wanders the oceans and near isles to find a new home, a place to belong, a place to start again. When she was on the isle of Murtanoi she found a group of Mur'guls, who were victims of the Tide Hunters, a brutal clan of sea monsters, the mur'guls population has been decimated and their faith vanished almost entirely. Those Mur'guls were governed by Ogul-Ohr, one old Murgul with a stubborn attitude, and his leadership has caused pain to the Mur'guls tribe. Aliz, seeing this, decided to help them but she has to beat Ogul first in order to claim his power. She allied with Oga'ulthar a rebel mur'gul leader and his tribe,
[/Cinematic]

She tried to defeat Ogul, without success, forcing her to retreat with her few allies.

[Cinematic]
In this situation, she realized that seeking alliances to gain power was needed, and the only place to find this was in the Dark Waters, a place where other exiled Naga live, there she sought help and found Shilain, a feared Naga Enchantress, who offered Aliz her services if she helped her to find a mysterious item: the Dragon Heart of Athenak.
[/Cinematic]
I didnt write the first chapter, think is was Moyack, i just corrected a few things and made it more readable

Interlude - Cinematic: Dakran Stormwind

Traveling far and wide across the Eastern Kingdoms she stumbled across a blind hermit. Sensing her presence, he introduced himself as Dakran Stormwind, who was once one of Durotan (Thrall's father) mystics. After ushering Aliz inside, he told her where the Dragon Heart of Athenak was. He said it was on the Broken Isles, just east of the great Maelstrom, where Sargeras' tome exists. After resting there for the night, Aliz left in the morning. As she was leaving, Dakran warned her to avoid Sargeras' tome, or the most unimaginably horrifying creatures will be unleashed upon the world, again. He also told her, that although she was a Naga and a great swimmer (as all Naga are) she would need a boat to travel there, or she would not make it, and that she needed allies to help her defend herself against the beasts that dwell on the island. With that she left, heading for her remaining Mur'gul allies.

Second Chapter: The Broken Isles

[Cinematic]
After gathering her Mur'gul allies, she set off in a ship she stole from a human coastal village nearby. The journey there was hard, and they lost many Mur'gul to the torrential weather. Unfortunetly, when they arrived there, they crashed onto the coast damaging their ship, almost beyond repair. Deciding that they should construct a base, Aliz, Oga, and a few other Mur'gul set off to find a suitable location, leaving a Mur'gul called Gliir in charge of defending the ship, and repairing it.
[/Cinematic]

After finding a location Aliz and Oga set up a base and started harvesting resources. A local troll tribe, unhappy over the intrusion on their island, attacked the newly founded base. They were driven back by the efforts of Aliz and the Mur'gul.

[Cinematic]
Weary of future attacks, Aliz sent four scouts around the island to find where the trolls had set up base, and how big the base was. Only one returned. He explained to Aliz that his comrades and him had been discovered, and only he managed to escape. They had discovered the location of the troll base though, and more they had discovered that the trolls worship The Dragon Heart of Athenak as a religious idle.

After discussing it with Oga, Aliz decided that they were to mount a full scale assault on the troll base, and recover the Heart. The scout warned her that the troll base was guarded with many towers, and they would need to build siege weaponry to destroy it.
[/Cinematic]

After constructing the weaponry, you assault the troll base, destroy it and kill the trolls.

[Cinematic]
As Aliz/Oga approached the pedestal that the hearth was mounted on, the spirit of a troll priest appeared and warned her that if the heart fell into the wrong hands, terrible things would happen, and all life on Azeroth would fall. Ignoring the priest, she took the heart and set off for the ship.

When she arrived, Gliir had successfully repaired the ship, and they set off for The Eastern Kingdoms.
[/Cinematic]

Interlude - Cinematic: Her New Allies

Arriving back at The Eastern Kingdoms, Aliz told Oga that she would meet him back at Murtanoi. So he and the Mur'gul set off for Murtanoi and Aliz set off for Shilain. When she arrived on Shilain's land, Shilain immediately greeted her and asked about the Heart. Aliz gave the heart to Shilain. After requesting Shilain to assist her in defeating Ogul, Shilain gathered her minor Naga followers and set off with Aliz for Murtanoi.

Third Chapter: Defeating The Tide

[Cinematic]
When the Naga arrived at Oga's base on Murtanoi, then combined forces with the Mur'gul and set off for Ogul's base. When they arrived there, they found Ogul's forces locked in combat with the Tide Hunters.
[/Cinematic]
Fight the Tide Hunters
[Cinematic]
After defeating that wave of Tide Hunters, Ogul (assuming that they were there to assist him in defending his base) thanked them and informed them about a base that the Tide Hunters had set up. He also gave them a base of their own to operate.

Away from Ogul; Aliz, Oga and Shilain decided that, instead of assaulting Ogul's base and killing many Mur'gul, they would defeat the Tide Hunters, and gain popular Mur'gul support and usurp Ogul and take control of his Mur'gul and his base.
[/Cinematic]

Build a base/troops and attack the Tide Hunters, but they will periodically attack Oguls base. If Oguls base is destroyed, YOU LOSE. You win when you destroy the Tide Hunter base.

Interlude - Cinematic: The Wrong Hands

In the post battle meeting with all the Mur'gul and Naga leaders (Ogul, Aliz, Oga, Shilain, and two of Ogul's generals) the Allies (Oga, Aliz, Shilain) bagged Ogul about how he did not help The Allies defeat the Tide Hunters. Everyone agreed with The Allies and forced Ogul to step down. Not liking it, Ogul stormed out and on his was, struck and killed Shilain. Before anyone could react, he stole The Dragon Heart of Athenak from Shilain, which then glowed and pulsed crimson in his hands. A guard then shot down Ogul with his bow. Seconds later the ground shook, and the air was filled with a great rumbling sound. Someone shouted earthquake, but Aliz, remembering The Troll Priests warning yelled: "NO SOMETHING MUCH, MUCH WORSE" Then a great voice was heard (The voice sounds like a demon) and said. "It is over now, nothing can stop us. Azeroth will burn to the ground, everything will be destroyed. *PAUSE* We are back"

After the voice ends and the shaking stops.

"What should we do?" One of Ogul's former generals asked.
"I don't know," Aliz said "But i know someone who does"
"Who?" Oga asked
"Dakran Stormwind"

Ends with Aliz and Oga setting off for Dakran Stormwind

Fourth Chapter: Finding The Stormwind

[Cinematic]
When Aliz and Oga arrive at the hermits house, they discover the signs of a battle, and Dakran isn't there. Aliz knowing that the fate of Azeroth depend on them finding Dakran, decides immediately that they are have to find him.
[/Cinematic]

You search for him and find a gnoll base, held captive.

[Cinematic]
Knowing that you cannot hope to defeat and entire gnoll base by yourselves, Aliz and Oga decide to try and find mercenaries to help them.
[Cinematic]

You search for mercenaries and find a Furbolg base.

[Cinematic]
The Furbolg are peaceful and have been fighting the Gnolls for a long time. The Furbolg Chieftain, sensing a chance to be rid of the Gnolls, decides to help you
[/Cinematic]

Take control of the Furbolgs and attack the Gnolls base.

[Cinematic]
When you win, you free Dakran Stormwind and take him back to his house.
You ask him about the Demonic voice, and he tells you that they are Burning Legion, back to try and destroy and enslave Azeroth.
"It is suicide to try to fight them alone" He says. "You will need more then just the Mur'gul. You will need the Mur'gul, Naga, The Furbolgs and *INSECT RACE* At the very least. The Furbolgs, once you explain to them the magnitude of this situation, will join you. You already have the aid of the Mur'gul, The Naga will have no choice but to help you, for reasons i will explain later, but to enlist the aid of *THIRD RACE* you must travel to them, and do gather for them an item. Now i do not know what this item is or i would tell you and save you much traveling."
"What is the *INSECT NAME*?"
"They are Insectoid. The defenders of Azeroth. Last time the Legion invaded they worked in silence, but now they wont. They know that you cannot win without them." Dakran replied
"Wait, they already know about us?" Aliz said
"They know everything. They are the oldest race Azeroth has ever seen, or ever will see. Back at the beginning of this world, they were sent down from the heavens, by the great light, to defend Azeroth from the Legion. Or so the legend goes. Their true beginnings are unknown to the rest of Azeroth. Only their oldest, and most wisest know of their creation."
"That is, interesting. But wait, if they already know everything, then why don't they just come and help?"
"Because," Dakran said "Their mystics can see into the future, and there are only three beings in Azeroth that can see into the future and do something about it. One of those is myself. The other two are dead. If a creature that can see into the future reacts to something that hasn't happened yet, or that hasn't been told about it by someone who cannot see into the future, The Guardians will destroy everthing. And The Guardians are more powerful than The Legion. Nothing can stop The Guardians. They will invade every time, every world, every continent, everything and either kill it all or torture everything for all of eternity.
"That is... grim but why wont the Naga have a choice but to help me?" Aliz asked
"Because that is where The Legion will attack. You know that massive field to the South of the Naga city of Vashjeth? Well that is where they will arrive. But whatever you do you must not go to there before the Demons attack, or the Naga will assume you are the enemy and attack you" Dakran repled.
"The enemy?"
"Yes, the enemy, every single creature in Azeroth heard that voice. If you go there to early they will attack you"
"How will we know when to go there then?" Aliz asked
"When the sky rains blood, and the sun goes red. That is when the demons enter our world from the void and that is when you must go there."
"Ok then, thank you for your advice" Oga said
"Wait." Aliz said. "Where do we find the *INSECT NAME*.
"You must search." Dakran said. "But you will not find them, they will find you"
[/Cinematic]
Linaze Wrote:Prologue
Demon Lord Azazel, supreme commander of the demons of Azeroth and known only to the mortals as "darkness itself" has sensed a great power which in fact was the mighty Heart of Athenak's pulsating power. Despite the risks, Azazel ordered his lieutenants to prepare their legions, they were going on a unholy crusade. Later on, the Demon Lord found out that the artifact was in the possession of a Naga siren, underestimating their enemies power, he personally remained behind when his lieutenant's and their now rallied forces traveled in the direction of the Heart of Athenak to make war upon their greatest foe yet. As the Demons reached the eastern end of the Nagas domain, they had encountered nothing but pitiful Mur'Gul and Sea Giants. After securing an area the size of a minor town, the Demons halted their offensive and started to construct a base of operation, from where they would plan their next move.

So basically the prologue will be mostly a Narrator speaking but also some when Azazel orders out his lieutenant's, battle where Mur'Gul and Sea Giants are outnumbered against Demons whom defeat their enemies like they were no match at all. Final event of prologue will be when the construction of some kind of base begins, then it fades out and Chapter One can begin.

Power of Corruption: new races to play, new features. Download now
04-13-2013, 05:03 AM
May I edit the story? I mean, a large part of it. I'll still keep the main ideas (the Heart of Athenak, the Alliance of the Naga and the other Watery Creatures, the Coming of the Demon Forces, etc.) I'll just tell it some other way, and have some events between the main ones.

I need just the permission. I have many ideas running about my head (it's MAKING ME CRAZEYY), and I'll start writing my ideas and also some actual text. Also, I'll be doing the Game Basics by the time we go home (I shall be playing PoC over and over again; don't have WC3 here in laptop) then lastly the Races tab (still need to write the story first).

I shall be on my way to writing now. Big Grin
04-13-2013, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 10:21 PM by moyack.)
(04-13-2013 05:03 AM)darkceus Wrote:  May I edit the story? I mean, a large part of it. I'll still keep the main ideas (the Heart of Athenak, the Alliance of the Naga and the other Watery Creatures, the Coming of the Demon Forces, etc.) I'll just tell it some other way, and have some events between the main ones.
No worries, just don't forget to add credit to them Wink This was an incomplete set of ideas, but it can help in the lore of each unit.

Quote:I need just the permission. I have many ideas running about my head (it's MAKING ME CRAZEYY)
YEAHHH, that made me crazy too Smile

Quote:and I'll start writing my ideas and also some actual text. Also, I'll be doing the Game Basics by the time we go home (I shall be playing PoC over and over again; don't have WC3 here in laptop) then lastly the Races tab (still need to write the story first).
Go ahead Smile You'll need some help in the calculation formula for devotion points, and other things... if you have any question just put it and I'll give a quick answer Cool

Quote:I shall be on my way to writing now. Big Grin
I'll be pending...

BTW: Just focus in a small lore for each unit, stats and upgrades will be made by me. If you find a typo in the abilities, just let me know. I'll do the fixes as soon as possible Smile

04-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Ok, main page updated. Check the page bottom Wink

Keep the good work Big Grin